History

About us

1813

Initial documentary mention of use of rubber at the Thüringer Schlauch- und Gurtweberei

1836

Development of circular loom

1863-78

Founding of rubber factories

  • Gummiwarenfabrik Polack (today Plant 2 Waltershausen)
  • Thüringer Schlauchweberei Fa. Kaestner (today Plant 1 Waltershausen)
  • Blödner und Vierschrodt Gotha (today Gotha Plant)
  • Gothania Hörselgau - C. A. Adloff Tabarz

top

1930

Takeover of Polack by Continental AG

1945

Production in Gotha, Waltershausen and Hörselgau as SAG

1958

Founding of the integrated rubber plant with KOWALIT trademark

1979

Formation of the VEB-Gummiwerke "Werner Lamberz"(nationalized enterprise in the GDR).

1990

  • Hiving-off of independent limited companies (GmbH)
  • Gummiwerke Thüringen GmbH (taken over by Phoenix in December)
  • Plastina Erfurt GmbH (today Condomi Erfurt)
  • Kunststofftechnik GmbH Tambach-Dietharz (today Geyger-Technik GmbH)
  • Rotpunkt Zeulenroda GmbH

top

1996

Merger of PHOENIX Thüringen GmbH with PHOENIX AG

1996/97

Introduction of the PHOENIX holding structure Founding of PHOENIX Automotive Schlauch & Profil GmbH (production of hoses and extruded sections)

2004

Integration of the PHOENIX corporation into Continental AG

2008

Integration into the ContiTech Automotive GmbH

2012

Integration into the ContiTech MGW GmbH

top

History

“Thuringian hose and belt weaving” 1930